Graphic Tutorials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big Bad Bone Daddy
The Black Pope
The Black Pope
Big Bad Bone Daddy

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2007, 2:26 pm

Animated Rain Tutorial

This is a great effect that can be used on most graphics. It might look like it's difficult to accomplish, but it's actually relatively easy.

You can see the effect created in the following graphic:

http://www.fileden.com/files/1285/water-anim.gif

What we need:

Graphics Programme (eg. Paint Shop Pro)
Animation Programme (eg. Animation Shop)
Base Graphic (of your choice)

Preparing the Images

1. Open the image you want to add animated rain to. It doesn't matter what it is - an icon, a banner, a signature...whatever.

2. Open a new canvas that is 200 pixels larger in height and width. So, if your original graphic is 400x400, you want to open a new canvas at 600x600. Next, use the eyedropper to pick up on a colour that is prevalent in your original graphic. So if you have mostly dark blues and blacks, I'd go with black. Then, floodfill your new canvas with this colour.

3. On the new canvas, go to Image >> Noise >> Add Noise. Set the noise to 50%.

Here's a screenshot of the settings (NB: Yours might look different, depends on the version of the program).

And here's what your canvas should now look like

4. Next, go to Blur >> Motion Blur. Set the angle to 158, and the strength to 40%.

Click here to see the motion blur settings

And here to see what we should have now

5. Copy the rain image onto your original graphic as a new layer, and change the blend mode (Layers >> Properties) to softlight. Save the image as a .png, naming it "rain 1". Don't close the image.

6. On the same graphic, move the rain layer slightly to the right, then slightly downwards. Save the image again, this time naming it "rain 2". Repeat this across-downwards-save process until you have saved around five to seven files.

Animation

1. Open Animation Shop (or your equivalent program), and select the animation wizard. Change the image dimensions to exactly the same as in your saved images, and press 'next'. On the next screen, set it to opaque, and press 'next'. Keep the settings the same on the following screen, and press 'next' again. On the next screen, make sure "Yes, repeat the animation indefinitely" is checked, and change the "How long do you want each frame to be displayed" setting to 5. Click 'next'.

2. On the following screen, click "add images", and select all of the rain images you saved earlier. Make sure they are in the order you saved them (which is why it was helpful to label them as 1, 2, 3 etc. earlier). Once all your images are inserted, click 'next'. Then, press 'finish'.

3. And that will be it! To check how it looks whilst still in Animation Shop, navigate to View >> Animation.

4. Save your image with all the bars optimized. It will be saved automatically as a GIF, and depending on how big your graphic is, the file size is likely to be huge. Therefore, if you try and host at photobucket or imageshack, you might get some distortion. To combat this, I recommend you host at somewhere like www.fileden.com.

Good Luck and I'd like to see anything you come up with!

Graphic Tutorials Untitl13

Last edited by Big Bad Bone Daddy on Fri 17 May 2024, 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Big Bad Bone Daddy
The Black Pope
The Black Pope
Big Bad Bone Daddy

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2007, 2:47 pm

Colourisation Tutorial

In this tutorial we are going to learn how to colourise a black and white photo. The process itself is quite easy, and the hard part lies in getting the skin tone to look right. I don’t claim to be an expert at this myself, but I think I can come up with some pretty decent results.

I’m going to be colourising the following picture:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img110/8544/06zi8.jpg

However here are a selection of other black and white photo’s that you can practise on. It’s better if the pictures are of a good quality and not pixellated.

ONE | TWO | THREE | FOUR | FIVE | SIX | SEVEN | EIGHT

SKIN

1. Open your chosen image to your graphics program.

2. Firstly, we’ll colour the skin. Create a new raster layer, and name it “Skin 1”. This helps us to avoid confusion later on. Take a large, soft brush (I’m using size 90, hardness 0), in #FDC689. Colour over the entirety of her face, though not the hair. Don’t worry about going over her eyes, eyebrows, teeth and lips, but try and keep within the edges of her face. Set this layer’s blend mode to Color, at 47% opacity.

3. Duplicate the layer (Layers >> duplicate), and set it to softlight at 15%. Name this layer “Skin 2”.

4. New Layer (“skin 3”). Colour over her face again in #FDC689, as we did in step two. Set this layer to softlight at 50% opacity.

5. New Layer (“skin 4”). Go over her face again in #790000. Set this to color, at 10% opacity.

6. Another new layer (“skin 5”). Colour over her face in #EFB18D. Set this to colour, at 10% opacity.

Here’s what we have so far:

STEP ONE: SKIN

EYES, TEETH & LIPS

1. Next, we’ll colour her eyes. We’ll start with the white area. Use white (#FFFFFF) and a small brush to colour them in. Set this layer to color, at 100% opacity.

2. Now for her iris. I covered how to do eye colourisations in this tutorial. However, I’ll just explain it quickly here. Add a new layer, and take your brush at size two. I’m going to make her eyes a dark brown, and so start by tracing the very edge of her eye in #250101. Inside of this, using a size four brush, trace a couple of rings of a lighter shade of your chosen colour. I’m using #4D1E09. Finally, fill in the rest of the iris in an even lighter shade (#803616). Finally, colour the pupil black and the light spot white.

3. Now we need to blur the layer, (image >> blur >> blur more). Then, set the layer to overlay. And voila, pretty eyes.

4. Next, we’ll do her teeth. Another new layer, then use white (#FFFFFF) to colour them in, and set the layer to color at 40% opacity.

5. Lips next. New layer, and set your brush to an appropriate size. Cover her lips in #920B31, and set the layer to softlight at 50%. New layer, and cover her lips in #F397C0, with the layer set to color at 10% opacity. And that’s the lips done.

MAKE UP & EYEBROWS

1. We’ll start by adding a little blusher. On a new layer, use a large, soft brush in colour #F7C6D5, and apply to her cheeks and forehead. Set this to softlight, at 80% opacity.

2. Eyebrows next. Not much needs doing to the eyebrows, so on a new layer, we’ll just sweep a light brown colour over them (#6F3C1D), set at softlight, 10% opacity.

3. Now for the fun part – make up. On a new layer, take a black-brown colour (#1B0101) and use a small brush to outline the underneath and top of her eyelids – eyeliner. Set this to softlight, at around 30% opacity. Erase anything that looks a little strange.

4. New layer, and time for eyeshadow. You can choose any colour you like, but I’m going to go with a purplish colour (#420143). New layer, and just apply the colour as you see fit. Set the layer to softlight. I find that it’s easier to apply more colour, and use a large eraser to take off any excess. I usually find that it’s not necessary to add any more colour to the eyelashes, and so the make up is now done.

HAIR

1. If you can tell that the model in the original picture has dark hair, then stick to a dark colour (brunette and black). If she originally had blonde hair, then you can go for any colour you wish.

I’m going to colour her hair a very dark brown (#250901). On a new layer, colour over her hair, and then set the layer to color at 100%. Duplicate this layer, and set the the duplicate to softlight, 100%.

2. Colour any extras the photo might have, for example fingernails (or in my case, the make up brush). Always remember to do everything on a new layer.

LAST STEP

1. Merge all of the layers, then duplicate the merged layer.

2. Add a guassian blur of 3 pixels to the top layer (image >> blur >> guassian blur), then set the layer to softlight at 20% opacity. This just gives the image a bit more depth.

3. Merge the layers again, and we’re done! Save as a .png image (it gives a better quality) and there you have it. A beautiful colourisation!

Last edited by Big Bad Bone Daddy on Tue 30 Apr 2024, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Bad Bone Daddy
The Black Pope
The Black Pope
Big Bad Bone Daddy

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Bloody Text Effect   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2007, 3:13 pm

Step 1
Open up a new document and add the text u want in white;

Graphic Tutorials 11im2

Step 2
Add these blending-options to the text;

Graphic Tutorials 21yi5

Graphic Tutorials 31mq9

Graphic Tutorials 41kl1

Step 3
Should look like this

Graphic Tutorials 51no6

Step 4
Then grab some blood-brushes:
If you don't have any Blood Brushes, I uploaded some for you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ALOO3M8K

Graphic Tutorials 61zd5

Step 5
Change the blending-mode to overlay;

Graphic Tutorials 71ci0

Step 6
And press CTRL+G to group the layer with the text;

Graphic Tutorials 81cu7

Step 7
And then you are done. Add a shadow, a reflection or more blood if you want to make it look cooler, use your imagination and you'll get it right.

Graphic Tutorials 91wt9

Back to top Go down
Big Bad Bone Daddy
The Black Pope
The Black Pope
Big Bad Bone Daddy

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2007, 3:24 pm

This tutorial will teach you how to make an image pop out of your sig. There are many ways to do this, however this is my preferred way.

Graphic Tutorials Psiopsye8

Open any 2 images of your choice. (One image being a background, and one being the image that you want to pop-out.)

I am using a background and a render.

Background (Image 1):
Graphic Tutorials Psiopsbgcopykp4

Render (Image 2):
Graphic Tutorials Psiopsud3

Now create a new document. Make sure it has a transparent background.

The size must be: the width of Image 1 and the height of Image 2.

Drag your two images into the new document.

Add any other features you want such as text and borders.

Your image should look something like mine below

Graphic Tutorials Psiopsuk4

Back to top Go down
Big Bad Bone Daddy
The Black Pope
The Black Pope
Big Bad Bone Daddy

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2007, 3:52 pm

How To Zombify People
Graphic Tutorials 84495449md3
Step 1

First of all import an image of someones's face. Make sure the image is black and white (image > adjustments > desturate) and has been resized to been resized to 500x375. Choose the polygonal lasso tool (L) and create a selection around the man. It doesn't have to be perfect, since a rough texture will be used later, covering up any minor inprefections. One you've completed a selection around the man, cut the layer (layer via cut) from the background. Name the background "background", duplicate the layer of the man, naming them "1" and "2" (image b).
Graphic Tutorials 48452834vw8
Graphic Tutorials 79972779ga8
Step 2

Next, adjust the color, of the layer "1", making sure to check "colorize"
Graphic Tutorials 56466891ir7
Step 3

Adjust the color of layer "2", also using "colorize". Create a duplicate of layer "2" called "3" and then make the layer invisible from the layers panel (image b).
Graphic Tutorials 27081142ig4
Graphic Tutorials 5cdn7
Step 4

Next, choose layer "2", from the layers panel, and select pattern overlay (layer > layer style > pattern overlay). Click the button circled in white, then the arrow circled in red, and choose "Rock Patterns"
Graphic Tutorials 93045865tp1
Step 5

The the "Red Rocks" pattern, with the settings shown below.
Graphic Tutorials 83807000wb8
Step 6

From the layer's panel, change the blending mode of the layer to "Screen" and the opacity to 65%.
Graphic Tutorials 10780579mq7
Graphic Tutorials 8bif6
Step 7 (Done)
You should end up with something like in the image below.
Graphic Tutorials 56609856rx8

Back to top Go down
Big Bad Bone Daddy
The Black Pope
The Black Pope
Big Bad Bone Daddy

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2008, 1:57 pm

Step 1.
3 types of image are needed to make the zombie. These were downloaded from the free stock photography site www.sxc.hu .

a) The main image of a persons face

b) an image of a mouth, preferably with some kind of interesting expression and that is of an equal or higher resolution than that of the person's face.

c) An image of an eye that is of an equal or higher resolution than that of the person's face. I used these pics:

Graphic Tutorials 1

Graphic Tutorials 2

Graphic Tutorials 3

Step 2.
Make a rectangular selection around the open mouth in the 2 nd image. Copy the selection (edit > copy) and then paste it (edit > paste) onto the main image. You'll then need to resize the image to make it in proportion to the actual face. You can scale it by going to Edit > Transform > Scale .

Graphic Tutorials 4

Graphic Tutorials 5

Step 3.
Next we're going to blend the mouth into the face, so that they look like they belong together. Select the Brush Tool from Tools and then choose an Airbrush soft round of about 45 pixels. This kind of brush has a soft edge, so when you use it to erase the image, it'll make it blend into the image behind it. Start to gradually erase the mouth layer, by starting from the edges of the layer, but making sure not to erase any of the lips. Leave some of the skin, surrounding the lips, so that it blends in with the man's natural skin.

Graphic Tutorials 6

Graphic Tutorials 7

Step 4.
You should end up with something like the image below. You may need to move the layer around so that it's in place with where his mouth should be. Unless, of course, you want him to look even more freaky! Graphic Tutorials Smile

Graphic Tutorials 9

Step 5.
This is the 2nd part of this Photoshop tutorial. Ok, so now the man should have a new mouth, but it's likely that it won't be the correct shade. Duplicate the mouth layer by right clicking on it in the layers panel, and then selecting duplicate layer. To change its color go to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and select colorize. Starting with the hue play around with the values until the mouth layer is close to the tone and color of the main layer

Graphic Tutorials 11

Step 6.
You've probably noticed that while the skin may have been adjusted correctly; the teeth will have changed color. Select a hard round brush of around 9 pixels and then erase the teeth so that the layer below, of the original, is visible.

Graphic Tutorials 10

Graphic Tutorials 12

Step 7.
Next, drag over the image of the eye and then resize it however you like.

Graphic Tutorials 14

Step 8.
First duplicate the eye layer. We're going to use the same technique as used with the mouth so, again, select an airbrush and then start to erase the outer area of the eye layer. Adjust the hue and saturation again, by going to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation.

Graphic Tutorials 15

Graphic Tutorials 16

Step 9.
The outside area of the original eye layer might be visible, so erase it if it is. Then delete the colored area of the duplicate eye image so that the original color is visible.

Graphic Tutorials 17

Graphic Tutorials 18

Step 10 .
You can make him have 2 of the same eye by merging the 2 eye layers and then duplicating it. To flip the eye, go to Edit > Transform > Flip Horizontal.

Graphic Tutorials 19

Step 11.
This is the final part of this Photoshop tutorial. Next, we're going to alter the skin tone of our zombie, so that he's a bit greener. Select a blue-green color (I used 00BBA7) as the foreground and black as the background. Create a new layer above all the others and then fill the layer with the green. Make some clouds by going to Filter > Render > Difference Clouds. .

Graphic Tutorials 21

Step 12.
The layer's default should be 'normal', so make it overlay, and the lighting should change to something like in the image below.

Graphic Tutorials 22

Step 13.
Now select a soft airbrush of around 200 in size and make it's opacity 20 or 25.

Graphic Tutorials 23

Step 14.
We're going to make the scene a bit darker so that it looks like he's partly in a shadow. Create a new layer above the rest and then fill it with black. Start to erase the facial area with around 4 clicks, so his face is clear, and as you erase further away from his face use less clicks.

Graphic Tutorials 25

Step 15.
Now we're going to create some blood on his neck and teeth. Make new layer and then choose a bright red and a smaller airbrush at 100% opacity. Start to airbrush a large area around his neck and then some of his teeth. Change the layer from normal to overlay, and he should now have some blood on him. You could also use blood or splatter brushes with the same dark red to create that splatter effect.

Graphic Tutorials 26

Graphic Tutorials 27

Step 16.
Lastly, you might want to make him appear greener. To do this, duplicate the cloud layer and reduce its opacity to around 30%. So, that's all there is to it. You should have created a bloodthirsty zombie!

Graphic Tutorials 30

Last edited by LordStoneRaven on Sat 31 Jan 2009, 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Bad Bone Daddy
The Black Pope
The Black Pope
Big Bad Bone Daddy

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeMon 04 Feb 2008, 1:59 pm

1. Find the images you want to use and open them in photoshop.

2. Select the needle, make sure to feather it so theres no hard edges then drag it over to the picture of the lip or w/e pic your using.

3. Place the needle where you want it then copy it.

4. Erase the body of the copied needle...all but the tip of it. *there are other ways of doing this!*

5. That's pretty much it... I added a little more to make it look more realistic ... copy the blood, position it dripping off the needle then copy it again on the needle. I also used a blending mode on the needle and made a copy of the needle to make it blend better.

Last edited by Big Bad Bone Daddy on Tue 30 Apr 2024, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Bad Bone Daddy
The Black Pope
The Black Pope
Big Bad Bone Daddy

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 5:02 am

I didn't put this tutorial on a canvas panel because it would take too much time. So, open up ImageReady and try out this animated bar tutorial.

Step 1

Create a new canvas 500x50 pixels

Step 2

Fill it with white

Step 3

Get your rectangular marquee tool and set the feather to 2

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation3

Step 4

Then make a selection like this and fill it with black

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation4

Step 5

Now get your rectangular marquee tool again and set the feather back to 0 (zero),

Step 6

Create a new layer, make a selection like below and fill it with any color

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation6

Step 7

Now create a few more layers, I made 2 extra, with the selection still selected just fill it with 2 different colors (both different layers you just created)

Step 8

Now select 1 of the 3 color layers and press ctrl + g, do the same with the other 2

Step 9

Well you have something like this (I moved the first 2 layers a bit 2 the left

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation9

Step 10

Switch over to ImageReady (ctrl + shift + M)

Step 11

Now the first frame in the animation window move all the 3 color layers to the left, so they are just left of the window

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation11
(when you don't see this window go to, window>animation)

Step 12

Now in the animation window choose duplicate current frame

Step 13

On that 2nd frame move 1 of the color layers to the right

Step 14

Then choose the tween button with these settings

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation14

Sep 15

Now duplicate again the current frame (last 1), but now move the color bar on the first color layer to the left and the second bar to the right

Step 16

Hit the tween button again and use these settings:

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation16

I got this

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation16a

added a delay of 0.1 seconds

Step 17

Now you have to move bar 2 to the left, and you have 1 bar left so that has to go to the right and back, so let bar 2 stop in the middle, bar 3 go about 3/4 of the black bar and then tween with 9 frames again

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation17

Step 18

Now on a new frame move the 2nd to the left so it's out of your sight and the 3rd to the right on a new duplicated frame

If you followed it right you have something like this

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation18

Step 19

Now the 3rd bar must go back to the left

Step 20

Your done, this is my final image

Graphic Tutorials Baranimation20

Back to top Go down
Big Bad Bone Daddy
The Black Pope
The Black Pope
Big Bad Bone Daddy

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2009, 3:11 am

Had many requests from people asking how to add music or sound files to signatures and/or images. So I thought I would share it with all here.

Enjoy!

This tutorial will show how to add rollover music or sound file to a signature, or any image.

These can be made in many different programs like Macromedia FlashMX. By far the easiest I have found is SwishMax. That is the program I will be using for this tutorial.

First you need to have an image to use to place the music into. For this I have chosen a image I made in Bryce of a drum set. Get it? Music theme, drums...Okay, never mind.

With your image ready and easy to find you open up SwishMax.

* Go to right side where you see the Movie Tab. Place the size specs of your image here.

*Up at the top menu bar you should click on Insert, and then Image.

*Click the Script tab, which is next to the Layout tab

* Add Script, go to Events, and then 'On Rollover'

*Click Script, go to Sound, then Play Sound

*Click on the bottom Import, to get your sound file. This can be any sound file, and in any sound file format. You should see the title of your sound file appear in the lower window.

*Click Script, then Events, Button and 'On Rollout'

*Click Script one last time, then go to Sound, and 'Stop Sound'

*Now you need to click 'Play Sound', then on your wave file

*Then click on 'Stop Sound', and then your wave file.

*Lastly you want to Export as a .SWF file, and you're done!

Last edited by Big Bad Bone Daddy on Tue 30 Apr 2024, 3:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sabina
Wandering Soul
Wandering Soul
sabina

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeFri 05 Feb 2010, 1:53 am

Good job and useful tips. Now general people will understand how the scenes are made.
Back to top Go down
Alice-Covet
Nightmare-Vixxen
Nightmare-Vixxen
Alice-Covet

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:38 pm

Im going to attempt some of this!
Wish me luck!
I Sucketh at photoshop!
Back to top Go down
sabina
Wandering Soul
Wandering Soul
sabina

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 2:10 am

After a long interval i am back again. Now a days making such scene and faces became easy using the computer. But i think how they done it before when the computer animation was not at its best. I think those days they had to spend a lot in thinking over photography. Bye the bye again like to thank for such a useful post.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Wandering Soul
Wandering Soul
Alice

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 6:10 am

Nice tutorial with example picture . I really enjoyed the post. I have to employ these tips .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graphic Tutorials _
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Tutorials   Graphic Tutorials Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphic Tutorials

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nightmare-Factory Productions :: Discussions-Games-Graphics-Contests :: Graphics - Videos-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com