HomePortalFAQValidationLog inRegister

Share | 

 The Bloody News Section

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: The Bloody News Section   Fri 05 Oct 2007, 7:17 pm

This Is Where All I Will Be Posting Any Morbid Type News That I May Find At. So Keep Checking Back If You Like Some Death Or Mutilation In Your News.

Roller coaster accident injures 6 at Oklahoma fair

(Saturday, September 29, 2007) - At the Tulsa State Fair in Tulsa, Oklahoma, six people suffered minor injuries when two cars collided in the loading station of the Wildcat roller coaster, also called Zyklon. Three children were taken to a hospital for evaluation and treatment; two other children and one adult were treated at the scene.
The ride was closed temporarily to allow for an inspection by Oklahoma Department of Labor officials, who determined that the ride operator failed to properly apply brakes. The ride was found to be in safe mechanical condition.

Woman, 60, in critical condition after fall from Ferris wheel

(Friday, September 28, 2007) - At the Middle Tennessee District Fair in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, a 60-year-old woman was seriously injured when she fell from the top of a Ferris wheel. The woman fell 30 feet from the top of the ride and landed onto spokes near the center axle of the wheel. Rescue workers removed her from the ride and rushed her to a hospital. Initially, she was listed in critical condition, however she is expected to recover from her injuries, which include a broken collar bone, ribs and leg.
Witnesses told investigators that the woman was standing up and waving inside the gondola when she fell.
The ride was shut down as a precaution, and inspectors were expected to investigate.


Two thrown from fair ride in Dublin

(Monday, September 17, 2007) - At a fair near Dublin, Ireland, a 28-year-old woman and a 13-year-old girl were thrown from a high speed amusement ride. The woman was hospitalized in serious but stable condition. The girl was treated for minor injuries and released.
The accident is under investigation.


Car falls off fair ride

(Saturday, September 8, 2007) - Two 14-year-old boys were seriously injured when their car came loose and detached from an octopus-type amusement ride at Beek en Donk in the Netherlands. They were taken via trauma helicopter to a hospital, where they were treated for serious injuries. Both victims are expected to fully recover.
Investigators found no mechanical defects with the ride, and were expected to determine whether the car was properly attached to the ride, and whether proper inspections had occurred.


Teenager injured on Gravitron at Washington fair

(Saturday, September 8, 2007) - At the Spokane County Interstate Fair in Spokane, Washington, a teenage boy was injured while riding a Gravitron amusement ride. He hit his head on a metal part of the ride, and needed to staples in his scalp to close the wound.
Witnesses say that the boy ignored safety warnings and climbed the walls of the ride while it was in motion. State investigators determined that the ride was safe and that the accident was the result of the victim's behavior.


Twenty evacuated from stalled roller coaster

(Saturday, August 25, 2007) - At Luna Park in Tel Aviv, Israel, 20 passengers were evacuated from a roller coaster after it stalled. The incident happened on a steel boomerang-type roller coaster called Anaconda, on which riders travel backwards and forwards through several inversions. The ride's train of cars stopped after it was lifted to the top of the ride. Officials say that the brakes jammed, leaving passengers stranded. After 40 minutes, riders were evacuated via a stairway that leads from the loading station to the top of the ride where the car was stuck. No one was injured.


Man killed underneath inverted roller coaster

(Saturday, August 18, 2007) - At Mirabilandia theme park in Ravenna, Italy, a man was killed after he was struck in the head by the leg of a roller coaster passenger. The accident happened on Katun, an inverted roller coaster that features cars that hang from an overhead track. The legs of riders hang below the seats during the entire course of the ride.The man was in a restricted area underneath the ride when he was struck.
The girl whose leg struck the man was injured.
The ride was shut down and officials are investigating.


Spider accident injures two

(Saturday, August 18, 2007) - At the Price County Fair in Phillips, Wisconsin, a gondola dropped to the ground from a Spider amusement ride, leaving a man and his daughter injured.


Ferris wheel collapses; 15 injured

(Saturday, August 18, 2007) - A Ferris wheel collapsed at a fair in India, leaving 12 children and 3 adults with minor injuries. Witnesses said that the arms of the ride appeared to come loose.
The ride operator was arrested. Police are investigating.


Ferris wheel catastrophe kills five

(Monday, August 13, 2007) - In one of the deadliest amusement ride accidents in modern history, five people were killed when a Ferris wheel car flipped upside-down at a fair in Busan, South Korea. The victims fell 65 feet. Four of them died at the scene and one died after being rushed to a local hospital. Among the victims were a 7-year-old boy and a 68-year-old woman. All of the victims were relatives.
Two other passengers who were inside the car were able to cling to the ride's rim, 60 feet in the air, and were eventually rescued.
The ride, called the Giant Wheel, reaches heights of 216 feet. It consists of 42 gondolas.
Police are investigating.
Update: Investigators from the National Institute of Scientific Investigation determined that a protruding bolt caused the car to flip over. The bolt, which connects the car to the wheel, had been installed incorrectly. During the ride, the car's exit door got caught on the bolt. As the wheel continued to turn, the car was could not maintain its upright position, forcing passengers to fall onto one of the car's side windows. The window broke under the weight of the riders, sending them to their deaths. Inspectors also found that the car's exit door lock was worn and the door was not properly closed.


Two dead in carnival ride crash

(Saturday, August 4, 2007) - A 48-year-old man and his 21-year-old son were killed when an amusement ride car broke off a ride at a carnival in Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France. The ride, called the Booster, consists of a giant arm with two four-passenger cars at each end. The arm revolves vertically around an axis and reaches speeds of up to 55 miles per hour. The victims' car detached and slammed into the ground. Two other people who were in the car were seriously injured.
The second car was carrying two riders, both of whom were uninjured. They were left stranded 118 feet above the ground for six hours until rescue workers were able to free them by cutting through the ride's safety bars.
The ride passed a recent inspection.
Police are investigating.


Boy, 3, injured in 25-foot-fall from Ferris wheel

(Saturday, August 4, 2007) - At the State Line Heritage Days festival in Dayton, Ohio, a 3-year-old boy fell 25 feet from a Ferris wheel and landed on pavement. He suffered a fractured skull and was hospitalized in critical condition, but was expected to recover.
The Ohio Department of Agriculture is investigating.


Girl, 15, injured in fall from Coney Island ride

(Friday, August 3, 2007) - A 15-year-old girl suffered head and back injuries when she was thrown from the Polar Express ride at Coney Island amusement park in New York. Her injuries were not life-threatening. She was hospitalized in stable condition.
The New York Department of Buildings is investigating.
Some witnesses said that the girl was waving to friends and may have tried to stand up. A Department spokesman said it appeared that the girl's safety bar broke while the ride was in motion.


Girl, 6, injured in fall from Octopus ride

(Friday, August 3, 2007) - At Six Flags America theme park in Largo, Maryland, a 6-year-old girl was injured when she fell from the park's Octopus ride. Witnesses said that the girl stood up as the ride was in motion. Park officials say the girl fell about four feet. Some witnesses claim she fell over 15 feet.
The girl was flown to a hospital for treatment of her injuries, which were considered to be relatively minor.

Last edited by LordStoneRaven on Sat 05 Sep 2009, 2:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Fri 05 Oct 2007, 7:29 pm

Two children ejected from Sizzler

(Wednesday, July 25, 2007) - At the Mercer County Fair in Harrodsburg, Kentucky, a 6-year-old boy and his 7-year-old brother were ejected from a Sizzler ride when their lap bar lifted while the ride was in motion. The 6-year-old fell to the ground and was struck in the head by the ride as it continued whirling. The 7-year-old landed about 20 feet away.

According to the boys' mother, the operator was slow to respond to the situaiton. "We yelled 'stop the ride' forever, and he did not even know that they had been thrown out of it."

"They finally got it stopped after my husband and dad jumped over the gate while it was still in motion to get to my boys."

The 7-year-old suffered bruises. The 6-year-old suffered head trauma and received three staples to the back of his head.
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture found that the lap bar failed because of a worn spring. The ride was ordered closed and the operator was ordered to replace the spring and latch mechanisms on all of the ride's cars.

Air Glory ride cited for 25 code violations; report suggests operator, not deficiences, to blame for death

Owner: operator "had a tendency not to lock the carabiner after attaching the rider to the ride."

(Friday, July 27, 2007) - The Air Glory freefall ride from which a girl fell to her death in Wisconsin on July 14 has been cited for 25 code violations by investigators who inspected the ride after the accident. Officials from the Wisconsin Commerce Department do not believe that the deficiencies contributed to the girl's death because the ride was operating properly at the time she was killed. However, one official said that the ride might have been red-tagged if the violations had been discovered before the accident. The ride was due for an inspection three days after the accident.

Air Glory riders are secured into harnesses, attached to cables, then hoisted to the top of a crane where they pull a ripcord and experience momentary freefall in a swing-like ride through the air. When the victim pulled her ripcord, she fell 50 feet straight to the ground.

In a report issued today, investigators say that the girl's death was most likely the result of the operator's failure to make sure sure that a metal ring, called a carabiner, was locked.

While one of the citations was for the absence of a second carabiner, Commerce Secretary Mary Burke said that a second carabiner would not necessarily have prevented the girl's death.

"Carabiners do need to be locked properly whether there's one or there's two," said Burke.

"Certainly there's less opportunity of it happening if there were two."
Code Section Violated: Comm 34.22 Passenger–carrying devices.
(1) GENERAL. All passenger– carrying devices shall be designed, assembled, operated and maintained in accordance with recognized safe practices.

Condition Found: This ride was operated using a single carabiner to connect each rider’s harness to the ride.

Resolution: Similar rides operating in Wisconsin utilize 2 carabiners to attach harnesses to the ride. This ride’s harnesses shall be attached to the ride with a minimum of 2 carabiners.
At the time of the accident, the owner of the Air Glory ride, Gary Ross, was working on the loading platform with another employee, who had been employed for only two weeks. In a shocking statement made to investigators, Ross said that the employee "had a tendency not to lock the carabiner after attaching the rider to the ride."
"According to Mr. Ross, on Saturday, July 14, 2007, he and Derek Armelin were working on the platform harnessing in the riders on the giant swing at the time of the accident. Mr. Armelin was working on the right side of the platform, and Mr. Ross was working on the left side. Mr. Ross said that Mr. Armelin was a new employee having worked for Mr. Ross only about two weeks. Mr. Ross also said Mr. Armelin also had a tendency not to lock the carabiner after attaching the rider to the ride. Mr. Ross said he always worked on the left side when working with Mr. Armelin so that he (Mr. Ross) could check the carabiner before attaching the safety rope. Mr. Ross stated if the carabiner was locked, there would be no way it could come loose when a person was attached to it. Mr. Ross also said that if the carabiner was locked and if the safety rope was properly attached it would not be possible for anyone to come loose from the ride. This is consistent with the statements that Mr. Ross provided to the Oshkosh Police and with Commerce’s independent investigation."
In response to the investigation, Air Glory, its owner, and any rides owned or operated by Air Glory, are prohibited from operating in Wisconsin until 2008. Alir Glory and its owner are also prohibited from operating any ride in Wisconsin for a at least five years unless the state inspects and approves any ride they seek to operate prior to its first use. In addition, state officials are enacting an emergency rule to minimize the possibility of operator error by setting out explicit requirements for rides that suspend riders with carabineers, harnesses, and wires. Finally, officials said that they will launch "a thorough review of the state's amusement ride safety program, reopen the rules governing amusement rides, solicit input, and evaluate other state’s programs to ensure that Wisconsin has the highest possible safety standard for amusement rides."

Police: Mind Scrambler operator knew victim was not seated properly

(Tuesday, July 24, 2007) - Westchester County police investigating the death of Gabriela Garin who was killed on the Mind Scrambler ride at Rye Playland last month say that Garin's 18-year-old co-worker knew that Garin was not seated or secured properly when he started the ride. The report states that Garin was kneeling on the seat of her car, completely turned around, and possibly swaying her arms to music when the ride was started. The report's findings are based on the accounts of eleven witnesses, all of whose statements were consistent.

"It would be difficult to believe that the ride operator did not know that Miss Garin was in the ride and not secured," said Westchester Public Safety Commissioner Thomas Belfiore.

Witnesses said that Garin was thrown from the car before the ride's second revolution.

The ride operator denied knowing that Garin was not wearing her selt belt when he started the ride. He no longer works at Playland.

Police found that the second operator's booth, which was added in response to another fatality in 2004, was rarely, if ever, staffed, and that most of the workers who operated the Mind Scrambler were unaware that there was a cut-off switch inside the booth. According to park policy, Garin should have been in the second station when the ride started. Playland policy also prohibits employees from riding during work hours.

Police also discovered that the victim had tried to ride the Mind Scrambler while not seated properly on at least one other occasion.
The medical examiner's office pronounced the death accidental. Police say that no criminal charges would be filed.

Log flume malfunction injures 5

(Sunday, July 22, 2007) - Five people suffered minor injuries on the Canyon Falls Log Flume ride at Gillian's Wonderland Pier in Ocean City, New Jersey.

The accident happened when one boat rolled backwards and collided with another boat.

The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs is investigating.

Park worker dead after fall from roller coaster

(Tuesday, July 17, 2007) - An 18-year-old man died from injuries he suffered in a fall from the top of a roller coaster at the Loudoun Castle Theme Park in Ayrshire, Scotland on Sunday. The accident happened on the Rat, a steel roller coaster. Witnesses said that the man, who was visiting the park on his day off, saw that one of the ride's cars had stalled. He climbed to the top of the ride to push the car forward, but when it began to move, he was still hanging on to it. Within seconds he fell more than 50 feet. The car was occupied by three guests when the accident occurred.
The Health and Safety Executive is investigating.

Girl, 16, falls to her death from freefall-type ride

(Saturday, July 14, 2007) - At a festival in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, a teenage girl was killed after falling 40-50 feet from a freefall-type ride called Air Glory. Air Glory riders are secured into harnesses, attached to cables, then hoisted to the top of a crane where they pull a ripcord and experience momentary freefall in a swing-like ride through the air. Witnesses reported that when the ripcord was pulled, they heard a snapping sound, then watched the victim fall directly to the bare ground. The other rider remained swinging on the line and was not injured.

On its website, the festival listed the ride as one of its "insane outdoor activities."
The ride was immediately shut down. Police, state inspectors, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Fri 05 Oct 2007, 7:48 pm

Boy, 4, drowns in wave pool at Great America

(Thursday, July 12, 2007) - A 4-year-old boy drowned in the Great Barrier Reef wave pool at Great America theme park in Santa Clara, California. According to park officials, six lifeguards were on duty at the 150-foot long pool at the time of the accident; the victim's family says that there were only four.

The pool has a maximum depth of six feet when the surface is calm. The boy was found in water that was about 2-3 feet deep.
With the exception of Ohio, no state mandates that parks set age or height restrictions for such pools, or require that children wear life vests or be supervised by an adult.

Ride operator killed in path of swinging pendulum ride

(Sunday, July 8, 2007) - At Powerland Park in Ala-Härmä, Finland, a 24-year-old ride operator walked into the path of a giant swinging pendulum ride and was struck by the ride's spinning gondola. She was killed instantly.

Park officials say that the woman was attempting to retrieve shoes that a passenger had left on the platform.
One rider suffered minor injuries in the accident.

Ride operator killed in Scrambler accident at Rye Playland

(Friday, June 29, 2007) - At Rye Playland amusement park in Rye, New York, a 21-year-old woman was killed in an accident involving the Mind Scrambler ride. The woman was a ride operator who had worked at the park for 7 years. At the time of the incident, she and an 18-year-old co-worker were working as operators of the Mind Scrambler. Her co-worker had just arrived to assist her with her duties. According to the co-worker, the victim suggested that she collect tickets outside the ride and that the co-worker operate the controls in the control booth. By this time, the co-worker had already loaded all but three of the cars with passengers. The co-worker returned to the control booth and prepared to start the ride. Before the ride started, the victim returned with four more passengers. The co-worker left the booth to load the four onto the ride, but says that the victim told him that she would load the riders herself. As the victim was securing the last four passengers into two of the three unoccupied cars, some of the other riders who had been waiting became impatient and yelled for the ride to start. The co-worker started the ride, unaware that the victim was still in the ride's path. Within seconds, he realized what had happened and stopped the ride, but the woman had already been fatally injured.

Some witnesses told police that the victim had boarded one of the ride's cars and that she was kneeling on the seat when the ride started. They say that she then appeared to stand up, before falling from the car and landing in the ride's path, where she was struck by at least one other car. The man who was operating the ride said that he thought that the victim was seated and secured properly. He also told investigators that the victim was also shouting for him to start the ride.

Rye Playland regulations specify that two operators are to be on duty during each ride cycle, and that neither operator may take rides. Park regulations also called for one operator to be in a second control booth where an emergency stop switch had been installed after a 2004 accident in which a 7-year-old girl was thrown from the Mind Scrambler and killed. Investigators are expected to determine why the operator started the ride if he believed that the victim had boarded the ride and the second control booth was unoccupied.

The victim was employed as a Mind Scrambler attendant at the time of the 2004 accident. Investigators concluded that the rider's death was a result of the her own failure to ride properly, as she was reportedly turned around, kneeling on her seat, waving to friends. There was no evidence that there was a mechanical malfunction or that park safety procedures were not followed by the ride operator. Although the park was not cited for any safety violations, the park announced that it would implement new safety regulations for the Mind Scrambler, including the addition of seat belts. Also, the second control booth was added along with new lighting to give ride attendants a better view of the ride area and the ability to see potential hazards.

The woman was an employee of S & L Amusements of Harrison, New York -- the company that leases the Mind Scrambler to Playland. The ride has been shut down and will remain closed for the rest of the year. It is unlikely that it will ever be reopened at Rye Playland. Park officials and local authorities are investigating.

In 2005, a 7-year-old boy died on Playland's "Ye Olde Mill," a dark ride that consists of a 1,200-foot tunnel through which passengers travel while riding in small boats. The boy somehow left his seat and for some reason either jumped or fell into the water. He died of blunt head trauma. Inspectors found no mechanical defects in the ride, however, park officials admitted that they are aware that some passengers ignore posted warnings and leave the boats to walk around inside the attraction.
In 1999, a 16-year-old ride attendant was fatally injured while working on a Scrambler ride at Lake Compounce amusement park in Bristol, Connecticut. Investigators found that he stepped onto the ride before it had come to a complete stop. His legs got caught underneath the ride and he was dragged until the operator activated the emergency stop. He was left pinned underneath the ride until firefighters lifted it off of him. Although it was determined that the ride did not malfunction, the park was cited by OSHA for serious violations of safety regulations.

Girl suffers critical head injury on spinning teacups ride

(Thursday, June 29, 2007) - A 13-year-old girl struck her head while riding a spinning teacup ride at Boomers amusement park in Dania Beach, Florida. Witnesses say she appeared to look dizzy, and watched as her head fell backwards over the edge of her seat. The girl may have struck her head on the handle of another teacup as the ride continued to run at full speed.

State inspectors found no mechanical problems with the ride.
The victim was hospitalized in intensive care and was reported to be in serious but stable condition.

Girl, 14, dies at Disneyland Paris after roller coaster ride

(Monday, June 25, 2007) - At Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, a 14-year-old girl lost consciousness while riding the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. The park's medical team tried to revive her, but their efforts were unsuccessful. She died before an ambulance arrived.

The ride was shut down as a precaution, but inspectors found it to be operating properly, and no mechanical problems were found. An autopsy is planned for Tuesday, which is expected to reveal that the girl's death was the result of a pre-existing medical condition.
The park is keeping the ride closed until the results of the girl's autopsy are known.

Investigation focuses on cable

(Saturday, June 23, 2007) - The manufacturer of the Superman Tower of Power says it did not supply the cable that sliced off a girl's feet at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom on Thursday. The ride's cables and wire ropes would have had the need for replacement at least several times since the ride opened in 1995, but those replacement parts did not come from Intamin. The company says it has not supplied parts for the ride for 13 years.

Inspectors from the Kentucky Department of Agriculture's Office of Consumer and Environmental Protection believe that the cable is to blame for the accident, but they are still trying to determine why the cable snapped and how it got caught around the girl's legs.
The girl remains hospitalized, but there is no word on her condition.

Six Flags, Cedar Fair shut down all Intamin drop towers

(Friday, June 22, 2007) - Theme park operators Six Flags and Cedar Fair have announced that all drop towers similar to the one that malfunctioned at a Kentucky park yesterday have been shut down. The rides, manufactured by Intamin AG of Switzerland, have been closed while investigators determine what caused the Superman Tower of Power to malfunction at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville, Kentucky. A 13-year-old girl had both of her feet severed when a cable broke and wrapped around her legs. State inspectors are examining the ride. Six Flags and Cedar Fair say that, as a precaution, all Intamin drop towers will also be re-inspected.
Another Intamin drop tower at Grona Lund park in Sweden has also been shut down.

Girl's feet severed on Superman Tower of Power at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

(Thursday, June 21, 2007) - At Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville, Kentucky, a 13-year-old girl had both of her legs severed above the ankles while she was riding the Superman Tower of Power freefall ride.

Superman Tower of Power is 177 feet tall. Its gondola is lifted upwards 12 mph to a height of 157 feet. When the gondola is dropped, it reaches a top speed of 54 miles per hour, and riders experience momentary freefall. The ride's braking system engages 20 feet from the ground, slowing the gondola to a stop.

According to one eyewitness account reported to WHAS-TV News, a cable snapped, and as the gondola dropped, it wrapped around the girl's legs.
The ride was manufactured by Intamin AG of Switzerland, although some of its parts are manufactured by other companies. It has been in operation at Kentucky Kingdom since 1995.

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom statement

At approximately 4:45 p.m. on Thursday, 6-21-07, the Superman Tower of Power ride at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Park in Louisville, Ky. malfunctioned and injured a 13-year-old female, whose legs were severed above the ankle. The EMTs at the park were on the scene immediately and the girl was transported to UL hospital, where she is currently being treated. We have been in contact with both the hospital and her family. The ride has been shut down and will remain so until a full investigation has been completed. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide whatever assistance we can."


Roller coaster car derails at Geauga Lake

(Saturday, June 16, 2007) - At Geauga Lake amusement park in Aurora, Ohio, the rear car of a roller coaster train derailed. The accident happened on the Raging Wolf Bobs roller coaster. The train failed to climb an incline and rolled backwards. When it came to rest, park employees escorted all twenty-four passengers off the ride. No one was injured.
The ride sustained significant damage and was shut down.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Sat 10 Nov 2007, 9:19 pm

Man Wakes During Autopsy
"It’s like something out of an Edgar Allen Poe nightmare that you’ve seen in countless horror flicks. I can’t imagine this happening to me, but I’m pretty sure I’d hunt down the person who declared me dead enough to go to the morgue."

CARACAS (Reuters) - A Venezuelan man who had been declared dead woke up in the morgue in excruciating pain after medical examiners began their autopsy. Carlos Camejo, 33, was declared dead after a highway accident and taken to the morgue, where examiners began an autopsy only to realize something was amiss when he started bleeding. They quickly sought to stitch up the incision on his face.
“I woke up because the pain was unbearable,” Camejo said, according to a report on Friday in leading local newspaper El Universal.
His grieving wife turned up at the morgue to identify her husband’s body only to find him moved into a corridor — and alive. Reuters could not immediately reach hospital officials to confirm the events. But Camejo showed the newspaper his facial scar and a document ordering the autopsy.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Tue 22 Jan 2008, 5:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Sun 24 Feb 2008, 11:37 pm

Father kills his wife and three children

Five people were found dead, three of them children, in what appeared to be a murder-suicide in Orange County in the United States, police said.
A 14-year-old boy called police about 11pm on Saturday local time to report that his father shot him and his brother at their condominium, said Sergeant Peter Rodriguez of the police department in Brea, which was investigating the shooting in neighbouring Yorba Linda.

Yorba Linda is a bedroom community in Orange County, 65 kilometres south-east of Los Angeles.

Police found the body of a woman on the doorstep. Inside, they found the bodies of a five-year-old boy and two girls, ages eight and nine. Officers also found the body of a man with a shotgun beneath him.

Police did not immediately know the motive for the shootings or the relationship of the victims.

The teenager who called police was hospitalised in stable condition, Rodriguez said.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Killed And Decapitated   Wed 06 Aug 2008, 1:59 pm

Passenger beheaded on Canada bus A man on a Greyhound bus traveling across the Canadian Prairies has killed and decapitated a fellow passenger.

An eyewitness said the victim was stabbed 50 or 60 times by the
man sitting next to him, who then severed his head with a large knife.
The driver pulled over and passengers fled from the bus, bracing the door to keep the attacker inside.
A 40-year-old man was arrested after a stand-off lasting several hours and remains in police custody.
The bus, with 37 passengers and a driver aboard, was travelling from Edmonton, Alberta, to Winnipeg, Manitoba.
"All of a sudden, we all heard this scream, this bloodcurdling scream," passenger Garnet Caton told CBC television.
"The attacker was standing up right over the top of the guy with
a large hunting knife - a survival, Rambo knife - holding the guy and
continually stabbing him... in the chest area," Mr Caton added.
'Like a robot'

Bus passenger describes the attack

The attack continued as passengers fled the bus and waited for
police on a desolate stretch of the TransCanada Highway near Portage la
Prairie, Manitoba.
Mr Caton, the bus driver and a trucker who had stopped at the scene boarded the vehicle to see if the victim was still alive.
"When we came back on the bus... he was cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up," Mr Caton said.
The attacker ran at them, Mr Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut to prevent him getting out.
"He calmly walks up to the front [of the bus] with the head in
his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head
right in front of us," Mr Caton said.
"There was no rage in him ... It was just like he was a robot or something," he added.

A 40-year-old man was arrested by police at around 0100 (0700 GMT)
on Wednesday night, Royal Canadian Mounted Police Sgt Steve Colwell
told reporters.
He said that police apprehended the suspect after a
confrontation lasting several hours when the man broke a bus window and
tried to escape.
The man has not yet been charged, Sgt Colwell said, adding that he could release no further information on the investigation.
The RCMP have not identified the suspect or the victim.
When the attacker tried to drive the bus away, the driver disabled the vehicle.
"Some people were puking, some people were crying, other people
were in shock ... everybody was running, screaming off the bus," Mr
Caton said.
Sgt Colwell said the "brave" behaviour of the passengers and driver probably prevented anyone else from being hurt.
Other passengers said that the attacker and his victim were
sitting at the back of the bus and the victim, described as around 20
years old, was listening to music through headphones.
The attack appeared to be unprovoked and it is thought the killer did not know his victim.
The passengers have been taken to a hotel in Brandon, Manitoba, and are being given crisis counselling.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Wed 06 Aug 2008, 2:09 pm

Man lay dead in bed for two years

The body of a man found in a bed at his Lancashire home is believed to

have lain undiscovered for more than two years, police have said.

Brian Dean, 70, was
found at the terraced house in Huncoat, near Accrington, by police
officers when they broke the door down.

A pile of unopened post dating back two years was found behind the door.

Tests are being carried out to determine a cause of death and officers are also trying to trace relatives.

Neighbours said Mr Dean was rarely seen and was a private person.

Alarms were not raised with official authorities because bills were
still being paid by direct debit from Mr Dean's bank account.

Det Insp Jill Johnston, of Lancashire police, said: "We believe Mr Dean

may have been in the house for over two years because mail dated back

to June 2006 was stacked up behind his door.

"We know Mr Dean was a very private man and it is very sad that he had not been missed by anybody for such a long time."

Local councillor Paul Gott, of Hyndburn Council, said: "Everybody knew
Brian was very reclusive. He would go out late at night and come back
in the dark in the morning.
"He had withdrawn from society so it was understandable
that he hadn't been seen. As time goes by and life carries on it just
got longer and longer."

Mr Gott said Mr Dean's sad death could act as a way of making people pay more attention to their neighbours.

"I think everybody should really look at who is within their community
and ask if there's a possibility you haven't seen somebody," he said.

"It may be intrusive to go and knock on the door and say, 'Is everything okay?' but this is a good reminder."

Back to top Go down
Dark Titular Bishop
Dark Titular Bishop

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Thu 07 Aug 2008, 7:29 am

OMG! why can't anything like that every happen when I am riding the Greyhound? Well, I guess it almost did somewhere between Denver and Grand Junction the last time I was on a bus.
This crazy but extremely cute guy turned to me with rage in his eye and told me he was going to kill the bus driver and half the passengers. I calmly talked him out of it. Now I wonder if I should have let it happen.

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Thu 07 Aug 2008, 1:21 pm

LMAO!! Yes you should have let it happen. I know I would have felt 100 time beter myself. You have to hate Greyhound.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Thu 25 Dec 2008, 7:37 pm

Suspicious Wife Who Demands To Smell Husband’s Genitals Beat
Date December 18th, 2008 11:25 pm

“Police are seeking an arrest warrant for a man accused of hitting his wife after she asked to smell his penis to determine whether he was cheating with another woman, according to a police report released Wednesday. The 37-year-old victim told investigators her husband of three years punched her face and kicked her arms and legs Monday night after she accused him of having an affair. The victim said she told her 25-year-old husband as he used the restroom ‘to display his penis to her so that she can smell it,’ the report states. She said she asked him to show his genital area so she could determine whether he was cheating with another woman. As she went to sniff her husband’s penis, he reportedly punched her mouth and started to kick her when she was on the floor. The husband then fled the scene. Police saw bruises and red marks on the victim’s mouth, legs and arms. She became uncooperative when told a warrant would be filed for her husband’s arrest.” — TC Palm (US)
Most people probably read this and think, “Aha! Well, of course he was cheating. Why else would he react so violently to the thought of his wife smelling his penis?” True enough. But then again, if beating up your wife amounts to a confession, why bother? Why not just come out with the truth? It’s easier and doesn’t land your ass in jail for assault and battery. There must be a less obvious reason he didn’t want his penis sniffed up. Maybe it smelled like another man’s rectum. Or the tongue of a dog. Or maybe it smelled like a cadaver.
If you’re a savvy cheater, you avoid all these problems by washing your penis before returning home to your spouse. How hard is it to find a restroom somewhere? Or to buy some baby wipes? Or a bottle of Purell?
On another note, it’s odd to think about people’s “private” parts entering into the public sphere. Andy Warhol famously said that everybody would have their fifteen minutes of fame. Sometimes, though, the fame comes not to a person but a body part — an eye, a leg, a tit, a dick. Seriously, there’s a whole parade of detached penises that just drift through the news on a daily basis. Like this guy: “She said she saw the man’s penis outside of his pants as he was urinating…. Officers saw a large puddle on top of the stairwell where the woman said she observed the man urinating.” Or this guy: “He ranked the pain during urination and erection an eight out of ten. The suppurating wound had a ‘foul odor,’ a necrotic smell, the death of living tissue. The lesion was ‘now draining pus’ and was ‘more macerated at the glans,’ or penis head.” Or the guy who threw pictures of his penis at a schoolgirl, or the guy whose penis was nearly severed by “the propeller blade of a concrete mixer,” or the guy who killed his wife because she suggested he should get an enlargement.
Every day the news offers a wave of stories about penises, vaginas, breasts, asses, mouths. It’s like a subset of celebrity culture, the nether parts corresponding to the procession of pretty faces that dominate the covers of glossy magazines. Who are the people behind these organs? How do they feel about fifteen minutes of infamy attaching to their crotch? Do they gather news clippings into an album? “Sure, I was in the newspaper one day because I scored the game-winning touchdown in a high-school football game… Oh, and here, look at this. I was in the paper this time when my wife wanted to smell my penis, so I flipped out and kicked the shit out of her…”

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Thu 25 Dec 2008, 7:40 pm

Microscopic Lesbian Necrophilia

Date December 17th, 2008 7:39 am
If you wanted any further proof that the definition of “perversion” is conditioned by any number of contingent factors (time, place, species, etc), you might consider the case of Bdelloidea, microscopic aquatic creatures. One of the most popular articles of the year over at Discover describes the strange lives of these tiny animals. Not only do these “minuscule, transparent animals routinely survive periods of complete dessication that can last from days to years,” they also consist entirely of females. How do they reproduce? Scientists have long known that they utilize a form of asexual reproduction known as parthenogenesis. There are some twists to the process, though. For example, the rotifers scarf up DNA from other plants and animals as well.

… upon patching up their own DNA, the bdelloids simultaneously incorporate random scraps of DNA from other organisms. This so-called horizontal gene transfer is extremely rare among animals, and in the bdelloids’ case can include DNA from almost anything that was in their soupy habitat at the time things dried up, including whatever they just ate. In only 1 percent of the bdelloid genome, Meselson found dozens of foreign genes from bacteria, plants, and fungi inserted among the native nucleotides.
You read that correctly. The organisms can absorb DNA from their own food products. That would be like going to a fast-food restaurant and picking up some DNA from a hamburger. Or would it be more like going to a fast-food restaurant and picking up some DNA from the toilet? The article isn’t quite clear on this point, but if the creature is vacuuming up DNA from anything in its soupy environment, this would seem to include waste products.
Even more astonishingly, the rotifers also pick up DNA from the corpses of fellow rotifers.

It’s likely, he says, that during recovery from dessication, bdelloids pick up genes from members of their own species, too — dead members, that is, whose genes spill out of ruptured cell membranes. That process would provide the kind of genetic reshuffling that other animals achieve through sexual reproduction. “It may be their form of sex,” Meselson says. “But their partner is essentially dead. So you’d have to call it necrophilia. Actually, since they’re all females, lesbian necrophilia.”
What makes this especially interesting is that perversion is customarily defined by its sterility. An act is considered perverse, according to this view, when leads to spilled seed rather than to baby-making. That’s why traditionally masturbation and homosexuality were considered perverse. They occurred outside the baby-making context of man and wife. In the case of these rotifers, however, it is precisely a “sterile” act — necrophilia — which has become a means of perpetuating the species. It practically makes you fantasize about some post-apocalyptic scenario such as a sci-fi novel might present. If a nuclear bomb killed all the men in the world, would women find a way to vary their DNA by rubbing up against the cadavers?

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Thu 25 Dec 2008, 7:41 pm

Man Jailed For Having Sex With A Horse

Date December 14th, 2008 10:40 pm
“Leeroy Le Gallais, 46, broke into the animal’s stable on two separate occasions to perform sex acts on the terrified animal. During his first attack he used a bucket to stand behind the horse, called Calico, but was caught after leaving his underwear at the scene. He was given a three-year probation order, but just months later returned to have sex with the same horse at the Castel Stable in Guernsey. On the night of the second attack, on April 25 this year, Calico’s owner Michael Wortley checked on the animal in his stable at 6.30pm. The 20-year-old bay gelding was covered with a blanket but when Mr Wortley returned in the morning the blanket was on the floor. A mounting stool that was left outside the stable had been taken inside and police immediately suspected Le Gallais was responsible. After the second attack Calico was seen ‘box walking’, or moving sideways, a common sign of stress. Le Gallais, of St Peter Port, Guernsey, was jailed for three years at Guernsey’s Royal Court after admitting having sex with the animal. He told the court: ‘I had a few beers, I went to the stable and interfered with the horse.’ Le Gallais said his second attack came after he ate in a restaurant and drank a few glasses of red wine before visiting a bar. He had intended to go home but ended up at the stable where he ‘played around’ with the horse. Le Gallais initially denied any knowledge of the matter but when told by police that forensic samples had been taken he admitted going to the stable. He told the court: ‘Maybe I had a little bit of an urge or something. I mean, like a sexual, a sexual thing, I suppose you could call it that.’” — Telegraph (UK)
Once you’ve contemplated the notorious case in Washington of the man who was fucked to death by a horse, it’s not so shocking to see others “interfering” or “playing around” with the animal. Mr. Le Gallais may have been caught, but at least his colon wasn’t perforated by a phallus the size of a grown man’s arm.
The peculiar thing about this story is the way the man spoke about the deed in court. “I had a few beers, I went to the stable and interfered with the horse… Maybe I had a little bit of an urge or something. I mean, like a sexual, a sexual thing, I suppose you could call it that.” A little bit of an urge? A little urge causes a guy to jerk off or make a pass at someone. To break into an animal stable and do naughty things to a horse requires something more than that — an urge large enough to cause you to commit a petty crime and to violate an imposing taboo on sexual activity between humans and animals.
What’s peculiar is that the guy — and many others like him — was able to do the deed but not talk about it very directly. There are people who can do it, who can fuck animals, and there are people who can talk about it comfortably enough (hi commenters), but to do it and get up on a podium to talk about it? It takes a special perv to say, “Yeah, well, it sucks I got caught, but I was horny, a little drunk, and that horse seemed mighty appealing at the time. What’s the big deal?”

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Fri 26 Dec 2008, 5:11 am

Man in Santa suit kills 8, self on Christmas Eve

Thursday, December 25, 2008 10:53 PM EST
The Associated Press
By CHRISTINA HOAG Associated Press Writer

COVINA, Calif. (AP) — Stinging from an acrimonious divorce, a man plotting revenge against his ex-wife dressed up like Santa, went to his former in-laws' Christmas Eve party and slaughtered at least eight people before killing himself hours later.
Bruce Pardo's ex-wife and her parents were believed to be among the dead. Investigators planned to return to the scene Friday and sift through the ashes of the home, which Pardo set ablaze using a bizarre homemade device that sprayed flammable liquid.
Pardo, 45, had no criminal record and no history of violence, according to police, but he was angry following last week's settlement of his divorce after a marriage that lasted barely a year.
"It was not an amicable divorce," police Lt. Pat Buchanan said.
Pardo chose to exact his revenge at the annual Christmas party his former in-laws held at their two-story home on a cul-de-sac in a quiet Covina neighborhood 25 miles east of Los Angeles.
"Christmases were that special time of the year, it meant so much to them," Rosa Ordaz, a family friend of the victims, told KCBS-TV.
In past years, a neighbor dressed as Santa Claus and entertained guests. But the neighbor had moved away and there was no Santa — until Pardo arrived around 11:30 p.m.
The massacre began when an 8-year-old girl answered Pardo's knock at the door. Pardo, carrying what appeared to be a large present, pulled out a handgun and shot her in the face, then began shooting indiscriminately as about 25 partygoers tried to flee, police said at a news conference.
A 16-year-old girl was shot in the back, and a 20-year-old woman broke her ankle when she escaped by jumping from a second-story window. Those two, and the 8-year-old, remained hospitalized Christmas Day. All were expected to recover.
The gift-wrapped box Pardo was carrying actually contained a pressurized homemade device he used to spray a liquid that quickly sent the house up in flames. Police said Pardo had recently worked is the aerospace industry.
David Salgado, a neighbor, said he saw the 8-year-old victim being escorted to an ambulance by four SWAT team members as flames up to 40 feet high consumed the house.
"It was really ugly," Salgado said.
Another neighbor, Jan Gregory, said she saw a teenage boy flee the home, screaming, "`They shot my family.'"
When the fire was extinguished early Thursday, officers found three charred bodies in the living room area.
"They were met with a scene that was just indescribable," police Chief Kim Raney said. Investigators found five more bodies amid the ashes later in the day and planned to return Friday to continue looking.
None of the dead or missing has been identified. Authorities were unable to immediately determine whether the victims were killed by the flames or the gunfire.
Following the shootings, Pardo quickly got out of the Santa suit and drove off, witnesses told police. He went to his brother's home about 25 miles away in the Sylmar area of Los Angeles. No one was home, so Pardo let himself in, police said.
Police were called to the home early Thursday, and officers found Pardo dead of a single bullet to the head. Two handguns were found at the scene, and two more were discovered in the wreckage of his former in-laws' house.
A car that Pardo apparently parked near his brother's home exploded Thursday evening and more ammunition was found in it, Los Angeles police Sgt. Francisco Wheeling said. She had no immediate details on what set off the explosion. No one was hurt.
Investigators seeking further information about Pardo's motives have begun searching his home in the suburban Los Angeles community of Montrose.
Pardo's next-door neighbor, who did not want her name published to protect her privacy, said he moved in more than a year ago with a woman and a child. She said they kept mostly to themselves and the woman later moved out with the child.
Pardo was often seen walking a dog around the neighborhood and working on his lawn, the neighbor said.
He also served regularly as an usher at evening Mass at Holy Redeemer Catholic Church in Montrose, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Jan Detanna, the head usher at the church, was stunned when told about the violence.
"I'm just — this is shocking," Detanna told the Times. "He was the nicest guy you could imagine. Always a pleasure to talk to, always a big smile."
Bong Garcia, another of Pardo's next-door neighbors, told the Times he saw Pardo between 9 and 10 p.m. Christmas Eve and spoke briefly to him. Pardo told him he was on his way to a Christmas party, Garcia said.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Sun 18 Jan 2009, 9:19 pm

Man Drives Motorcycle With Corpse

TIJUANA – A man arrested after riding a motorcycle through the city with a corpse is facing homicide charges, Mexican authorities said.

Francisco Javier Salas Guerrero, 36, is accused of strangling Ernesto Martínez Ochoa, 38, on Oct. 21.

Advertisement A homicide investigator said the killing apparently stemmed from a dispute between people under the influence of drugs.
Authorities said Salas put a helmet on Martínez and strapped him to his back to make him look like a passenger. Salas then rode the motorcycle through the city and looked for a place to leave the body, authorities said.

When Salas saw police patrols, however, he got nervous and lost control of the motorcycle, according to authorities. They said Salas ran off and hid in a parking lot, but returned and pretended to be a witness.

He gave city police a fake description of a person he said had run from the motorcycle crash, according to a news release issued by the state Attorney General's Office.

Under further questioning, Salas admitted he was the person they were looking for, authorities said. Drug-trafficking groups often leave the tortured bodies of their victims in vacant lots, though they are rarely caught in the act. Authorities said this incident didn't involve organized crime.

Black Squirrels Eats Stray Dog

Squirrels have bitten to death a stray dog which was barking at them in a Russian park, local media report.

Passers-by were too late to stop the attack by the black squirrels in a village in the far east, which reportedly lasted about a minute.

They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh.

A pine cone shortage may have led the squirrels to seek other food sources, although scientists are sceptical.

The attack was reported in parkland in the centre of Lazo, a village in the Maritime Territory, and was witnessed by three local people.

A "big" stray dog was nosing about the trees and barking at squirrels hiding in branches overhead when a number of them suddenly descended and attacked, reports say.

"They literally gutted the dog," local journalist Anastasia Trubitsina told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.

"When they saw the men, they scattered in different directions, taking pieces of their kill away with them."

Mikhail Tiyunov, a scientist in the region, said it was the first he had ever heard of such an attack.

While squirrels without sources of protein might attack birds' nests, he said, the idea of them chewing a dog to death was "absurd".

"If it really happened, things must be pretty bad in our forests," he added.

Komosmolskaya Pravda notes that in a previous incident this autumn chipmunks terrorised cats in a part of the territory.

A Lazo man who called himself only Mikhalich said there had been "no pine cones at all" in the local forests this year.

"The little beasts are agitated because they have nothing to eat," he added.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Sun 18 Jan 2009, 9:26 pm

Tumour in U.S. newborn's brain contained foot

Tumour in U.S. newborn's brain contained foot

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - A pediatric neurosurgeon says a tumour he removed from the brain of a U.S. infant contained a tiny foot and other partially formed body parts.

Dr. Paul Grabb says he operated on Sam Esquibel at Memorial Hospital for Children, Colorado Springs, after an MRI showed a microscopic tumour on the newborn's brain. Sam was three days old and otherwise healthy.
Grabb says that while removing the growth, he discovered it contained a nearly perfect foot and the formation of another foot, a hand and a thigh.
"It looked like the breach delivery of a baby, coming out of the brain," Grabb said. "To find a perfectly formed structure (like this) is extremely unique, unusual, borderline unheard of."
Grabb isn't sure what caused the growth but says it may have been a type of congenital brain tumour. However, such tumours usually are less complex than a foot or hand, he said.
The growth may also have been a case of "fetus in fetu" - in which a fetal twin begins to form within another - but such cases very rarely occur in the brain, Grabb said.
Sam's parents, Tiffnie and Manuel Esquibel, say their son is at home now but faces monthly blood tests to check for signs of cancer or regrowth, along with physical therapy to improve the use of his neck. But they say he has mostly recovered from the Oct. 3 surgery.
"You'd never know if he didn't have a scar there," Tiffnie Esquibel said.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Sat 24 Jan 2009, 9:01 am

Cannibals Jailed For Eating Dinner Party Friend

A GROUP of cannibals have been locked up after they ate a friend who offered to cook them dinner.
Alexander Stepaniuk, 41, had invited four pals to his house for a meal.
But the teacher ended up on the menu after the two men and two women beat him to death with a hammer.
The cannibals, who had been drinking vodka, cut Mr Stepaniuk's body up before barbecuing the parts.
They were arrested after worried neighbours in Chernovtsi, Ukraine, called police.
Alexander Woytseshko, 34, Dmitri Chuba, 45, Lilia Kisilitsa, 23, and Svetlana Lupan, 26, admitted murder.
The monsters told cops: "We had nothing against him personally - we just wanted to see what human meat tasted like."
They were sentenced to between three years and life in prison.

British chef who ate his murder victim sentenced to 30 years

LONDON - A British chef who killed a man with a knife and cooked and ate his flesh was sentenced Monday to minimum of 30 years in prison.

Judge James Stewart said Anthony Morley, 36, showed no remorse for the killing of Damien Oldfield.

"Before this case I had associated cannibalism with eras long gone, with the tale of Robinson Crusoe. No longer," Stewart said. "You have plumbed depths rarely encountered in our court."

Morley attacked Oldfield, 33, during a night the pair spent together in April at Morley's home in the northern city of Leeds. Morley slit Oldfield's throat as he lay in his bed, stabbed him repeatedly and cooked some of his flesh.

Stewart rejected Morley's claim that he had been provoked when Oldfield unexpectedly initiated sexual contact after the pair watched "Brokeback Mountain," a film about two cowboys who try to conceal an affair. Morley claimed Oldfield's actions reawakened traumatic memories of childhood sex abuse and that he feared he was going to be raped.

After the attack, Morley walked into a nearby restaurant in a blood-spattered dressing gown, telling staff and police he had killed someone. In court, he claimed to have no memory of the attack or what he did with the body afterward.

The judge said the whole crime was "one of the most gruesome murders" he had ever encountered and called Morely a dangerous man who had yet to apologize for his crime. Morley hung his head as the sentence was read.

Woman Accused Of Cannibalism 'Deeply Ashamed'

An attorney for a woman accused of killing, dismembering and cannibalizing her ex-boyfriend says she's ashamed for doing a "horrible thing."

Jane Lynn Woodry was found not guilty by reason of insanity after the 1993 slaying of 51-year-old Peter Green of Alamosa.

She was committed to the Colorado Mental Health Institute in Pueblo but has gradually won more freedom since then. In 2005, she was allowed to move into an apartment off the state hospital campus in Pueblo.

Woodry, who changed her name from Carolyn Gloria Blanton in 1999, was in court last week seeking conditional release.

Alamosa County District Judge Pattie Swift did not say when she would issue a ruling.

Woodry's attorney, Bill Martinez, quoted Woodry as saying, "I'm deeply ashamed. The person who killed Peter Green is not me."

He said Woodry, now 54, hasn't suffered any manifestations of schizophrenia for years and is committed to her treatment. Authorities say they found marijuana with Woodry in 2006, but Martinez called that a "bump in the road."

Psychiatrist Elissa Ball, who has treated Woodry for a decade, recommended conditional release. She testified that Woodry can tell right from wrong and is unlikely to do anything violent if she stays on medication.

Ball said Woodry would still to get medication and her home would be subject to random searches if she gets conditional release.

Ball said she didn't anticipate recommending unconditional release for Woodry in the foreseeable future, if ever.

Prosecutors said Susan Adelman, a relative of the victim, would not object to the judge's eventual ruling as long as Woodry is monitored and does not have complete freedom to do whatever she wants if she is given conditional release.

'Please kill me,' suspect in bus beheading says

PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, Manitoba (AP) -- A Chinese immigrant accused of stabbing, beheading and cannibalizing a man on a Greyhound bus in Canada pleaded in court Tuesday for someone to "please kill me," and was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

Vince Weiguang Li, charged with second-degree murder, is brought into court Tuesday.

Vince Weiguang Li, who immigrated to Canada from China in 2004, is charged with second-degree murder in last Wednesday's slaying of 22-year-old carnival worker Tim McLean -- an attack which witnesses aboard the bus said appeared to be unprovoked. He has yet to enter a plea.

Li was scheduled to appear Tuesday to determine whether he should undergo psychiatric testing, but the judge in Portage La Prairie adjourned the hearing for a short recess to allow a legal aid attorney to confer with him. Since his arrest, Li has declined to speak to prosecutors and his court-appointed attorney.

When asked again by the judge after the recess if he wanted a lawyer, Li shook his head and then quietly said "please kill me," The Canadian Press reported.

Li's remark was heard by reporters and confirmed by court clerks, but was not acknowledged by the judge. He is due back in court Sept. 8.

Officers at the scene of the bus attack discovered a plastic bag containing an ear, nose and part of a mouth in Li's pocket, according to a police report submitted by prosecutor Joyce Dalmyn as evidence supporting a request for the psychological test.

The night of the deadly attack, Dalmyn said, the only response officers received from Li was: "I have to stay on the bus forever".

Passengers on the bus described a horrific scene that began Wednesday night as they shuttled through the darkness along a desolate stretch of the TransCanada Highway about 12 miles from Portage La Prairie.

Thirty-seven passengers were aboard the Greyhound from Edmonton, Alberta, to Winnipeg, Manitoba. Some were napping and others watching "The Legend of Zorro" when Li attacked McLean, allegedly stabbing him dozens of times, according to witnesses. As horrified passengers fled from the bus, Li severed McLean's head, displaying it to some of the passengers gathered outside the bus, witnesses said. He then began hacking at the body, they said.

A police officer at the scene reported seeing the attacker hacking off pieces of the victim's body and eating them, according to a police tape leaked on the Internet.

A church pastor, Tom Castor, who helped hire Li soon after he immigrated in 2004 with his wife, Anna, said the man never showed any sign of anger or emotional problems when he worked there as a custodian.

Church officials said they vetted Li by contacting references listed on his application and running a criminal record check.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Sat 04 Apr 2009, 2:09 pm

Noose Returned to Grieving Widow

Police apologise for handing suicide hanging rope to widowSouth Wales police say sorry for including rope man used to hang himself in sack of returned belongings
Press Association guardian.co.uk, Saturday 28 March 2009 12.52 GMT Article historyA police force has apologised to a widow after officers gave her the rope her husband used to hang himself.

Angie Gerrelli found the blood-stained yellow tow rope in a sack of items returned after her estranged 50-year-old partner, John Gilmore, killed himself in a park in Barry, south Wales.

Ms Gerrelli, 52, from Amersham, Buckinghamshire, hit out at the insensitivity shown by south Wales police in the incident.

Officers from the force have been spoken to by superiors about their conduct in the matter.

Recounting the time she discovered the grisly item, Ms Gerrelli told the Barry and District News: "I reached into the bag and took out the laptop, and then I saw yellow and realised what I had in my hand.

"I went to pieces - I just sunk to the floor. I dropped it and put my hands to my face."

She added: "I'm not sleeping and I've got to go back to the doctors."

An inquest earlier this month determined that computer student Mr Gilmore from Cadoxton, near Barry, had taken his own life in Porthkerry country park, where a dog walker discovered him on the afternoon of 2 November.

The inquest heard Mr Gilmore had been estranged from his wife for four years when he committed suicide.

Chief Inspector Jay Dave of south Wales police, said: "This was a very unfortunate incident and I would like to apologise for any distress caused as a result.

"The officers concerned will be spoken to about this and steps will be put in place to ensure that there will be no repeat."

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Tue 09 Jun 2009, 1:48 pm

[WUSA-TV, 3-10-09]

A 27-year-old woman in Lexington Park, Md., was injured in March during apparently consensual sex play. Her partner placed a "sex toy" over a saber saw blade, apparently to act as a souped-up vibrator, but the blade cut through the toy and caused serious lacerations, requiring her to be med-evac'ed to Prince George's Hospital Center.

4 dead in Metro train collision near D.C.

At least two people sustain life-threatening injuries

WASHINGTON - One Metro transit train smashed into the rear of another at the height of Washington's Monday evening rush hour, killing at least four people and injuring scores of others as cars of the trailing train jackknifed into the air and fell atop the first.

District of Columbia fire spokesman Alan Etter said crews were cutting apart the trains to get people out in what he described as a "mass casualty event." Rescue workers propped steel ladders up to the upper train cars to help survivors escape. Seats from the smashed cars had spilled out onto the track.

D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty said four were dead and many more hurt. Fire Chief Dennis Rubin said rescue workers had treated 70 people at the scene and sent some of them to local hospitals, two with life-threatening injuries. A Metro official the dead included the female operator of the trailing train. Her name was not immediately released.

The crash around 5 p.m. EDT took place on the system's red line, Metro's busiest, which runs below ground for much of its length but is at ground level at the site near the Maryland border.

Metro chief John Cato said the first train was stopped on the tracks, waiting for another to clear the station ahead, when the trailing train plowed into it from behind. Officials had no explanation for the accident.

Passenger Jodie Wickett, a nurse, told CNN she was seated on one train, sending text messages on her phone, when she felt the impact. She said she texted someone that it felt like the train had hit a bump.

"From that point on, it happened so fast, I flew out of the seat and hit my head." Wickett said she stayed at the scene and tried to help. She said "people are just in very bad shape."

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Mon 22 Jun 2009, 8:12 pm

Student Is Indicted in Craigslist Killing

NY Times : A medical student who the police say killed a woman he met on Craigslist has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge and six other counts, law enforcement officials said Sunday.

The student, Philip Markoff, 23, faces arraignment on Monday. He has been held at a county jail here since his arrest on April 20.

According to the police, Mr. Markoff killed a woman and held another at gunpoint at upscale hotels in Boston after answering their advertisements for massage services on Craigslist.

Mr. Markoff has pleaded not guilty. A defense lawyer said Mr. Markoff would maintain his innocence, The Associated Press reported.

A Suffolk County grand jury returned the indictment on Thursday, and the district attorney, Daniel Conley, announced it on Sunday. It also charges Mr. Markoff with armed assault with the intent to rob, two counts of armed kidnapping, armed robbery and two counts of unlawful possession of a firearm.

Jake Wark, a spokesman for Mr. Conley, said Mr. Markoff bought the gun used in the death of the woman, Julissa Brisman, 26, at a shop in Mason, N.H. He used someone else's name and identification to make the purchase, Mr. Wark said.

In a statement, Mr. Conley's office said Mr. Markoff used prepaid cellphones that do not require the user to provide identifying information to make appointments with Ms. Brisman and the other victim.

Mr. Markoff, the statement said, robbed the first victim in a hotel room on April 10 after forcing her to the ground at gunpoint and binding her wrists with plastic zip ties. The statement accuses him of hitting Ms. Brisman in the head with the butt of a semiautomatic handgun and then fatally shooting her after meeting her in her hotel room on April 14.

A search of Mr. Markoff's home in Quincy, Mass., produced a 9-mm semiautomatic handgun, ammunition and zip ties like those used in the attacks, the statement said. Investigators also recovered several of the cellphones, or TracFones, laptop computers and four pairs of women's underwear inside socks hidden in a box spring.

The Rhode Island authorities have filed an arrest warrant for Mr. Markoff in connection with the robbery of a third woman he is believed to have met on Craigslist. But he is not likely to be prosecuted in that state until the case against him here has ended.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Wed 15 Jul 2009, 2:36 pm

Click the banner above to visit the site for more info.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Thu 23 Jul 2009, 1:19 am

Strange! Humans Glow in Visible Light

Charles Q. Choi
Special to LiveScience
LiveScience.com charles Q. Choi
special To Livescience
livescience.com – Wed Jul 22, 10:32 am ET

The human body literally glows, emitting a visible light in extremely small quantities at levels that rise and fall with the day, scientists now reveal.

Past research has shown that the body emits visible light, 1,000 times less intense than the levels to which our naked eyes are sensitive. In fact, virtually all living creatures emit very weak light, which is thought to be a byproduct of biochemical reactions involving free radicals.

(This visible light differs from the infrared radiation - an invisible form of light - that comes from body heat.)

To learn more about this faint visible light, scientists in Japan employed extraordinarily sensitive cameras capable of detecting single photons. Five healthy male volunteers in their 20s were placed bare-chested in front of the cameras in complete darkness in light-tight rooms for 20 minutes every three hours from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. for three days.

The researchers found the body glow rose and fell over the day, with its lowest point at 10 a.m. and its peak at 4 p.m., dropping gradually after that. These findings suggest there is light emission linked to our body clocks, most likely due to how our metabolic rhythms fluctuate over the course of the day.

Faces glowed more than the rest of the body. This might be because faces are more tanned than the rest of the body, since they get more exposure to sunlight - the pigment behind skin color, melanin, has fluorescent components that could enhance the body's miniscule light production.

Since this faint light is linked with the body's metabolism, this finding suggests cameras that can spot the weak emissions could help spot medical conditions, said researcher Hitoshi Okamura, a circadian biologist at Kyoto University in Japan.

"If you can see the glimmer from the body's surface, you could see the whole body condition," said researcher Masaki Kobayashi, a biomedical photonics specialist at the Tohoku Institute of Technology in Sendai, Japan.

The scientists detailed their findings online July 16 in the journal PLoS ONE.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Sat 05 Sep 2009, 1:47 pm

Boy found behind wall at grandma's home
6-year-old allegedly abducted in custody dispute two years ago

ROYALTON, Illinois - Authorities say a boy allegedly abducted in a custody dispute two years ago has been found alive, hidden behind a wall at his grandmother's southern Illinois home.

Franklin County authorities found 6-year-old Richard Chekevdia on Friday in a small room hidden behind a wall in Diane Dobbs' rural home.

The boy's mother, Shannon Wilfong, is charged with felony child abduction. Dobbs is charged with aiding and abetting.

Wilfong disappeared with her son in 2007 and was charged with kidnapping, though she couldn't be found.

Illinois State Police Master Sgt. Stan Diggs says the boy is in good spirits and very social, talkative and polite.

He's staying with his father's relative, under supervision of state child-welfare workers.

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Sat 05 Sep 2009, 1:58 pm

Woman's Body Found In Pentecostal Church

ANADARKO, Okla. -- The scene inside a small Pentecostal church where a pastor was slain was "horrific," an Oklahoma district attorney said Tuesday, calling it the most brutal he has seen in nearly 20 years as a prosecutor.

Police have released scant information about the killing of 61-year-old Carol Daniels, whose body was found Sunday inside the Christ Holy Sanctified Church, a weather-beaten building on a rundown block near downtown Anadarko. A preliminary autopsy deemed Daniels' death a homicide caused by "multiple sharp force injuries," said Cherokee Ballard, spokeswoman for the state Medical Examiner's office. She declined to discuss further details.

"I've prosecuted over 50 murders," District Attorney Bret Burns said. "This is the most horrific crime scene I've ever witnessed." He declined to elaborate, saying he did not want to jeopardize the investigation.

With little official word on the grisly killing, rumors in the town were swirling as people wondered what motivated the crime and who was responsible. Burns has called for a meeting of local pastors on Wednesday.

State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown also would not say anything about the time of Daniels' death, a possible motive or what evidence was collected at the scene.

Authorities do not have any suspects, she said, and were offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

"Right now we have more questions than answers," Brown said. "The few answers we do have, we want to hold on to. That might help us in the long run."

Daniels made the 60-mile trek from Oklahoma City every week to preach, even though the church had no regular congregation. Ezra Randle, Oklahoma overseer for the Christ Holy Sanctified Church, said Daniels had been traveling to Anadarko for four or five years and 85 percent of the time, she made the trip alone.

"I tried to ask her why she kept doing it and she would say until God releases me, I will go down there," said Randle, pastor of Grace Temple Christ Holy Sanctified Church in Elk City.

Icey Simmons, 85, a resident of the Silver Crest Nursing Center, said she would see Daniels nearly every weekend when Simmons would go to the church for Sunday service or when Daniels would drop by.

"She and I would just go down there and pray by ourselves," she said. "I can't believe it.

"She was just as sweet as she could be, never did anything to hurt nobody."

Pastor Steve Palczynsky of the Cedar Hill Church of God in Anadarko said lack of official word is disconcerting and that he's taken extra steps to make sure his church is secure.

"The first thing I thought about, being human, was that maybe it was a serial killer and maybe he has something out for preachers, but the Lord takes care of us," he said.

Tracy Schumpert, pastor of the town's First United Methodist Church, said members of the local clergy will meet Wednesday with Burns to discuss the case.

"It's still very new, and we don't know what to think," she said. "Anything that happens like that, it's a community concern."

Back to top Go down
Lord Stone Raven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   Sat 05 Sep 2009, 2:02 pm

W.Va. Records 1st Swine Flu-Related Death

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- State and local health officials said West Virginia has recorded its first swine flu-related death.

Cabell-Huntington Health Department Director Dr. Harry Tweel said a 51-year-old Kanawha County man died Thursday night at a Huntington hospital.

Tweel said he could not identify the man, but added that he had underlying medical conditions.

Tweel said the state's laboratory confirmed the man had the H1N1 virus.

Kanawha-Charleston Health Department Director Dr. Rahul Gupta says the man had been in the hospital five or six days before he died. He said officials have yet to talk to the man's family.

Department of Health and Human Resources spokesman John Law confirmed that the man's death is the first swine flu-related death in West Virginia.

Pregnant Woman In Ohio Dies Of Swine Flu

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A 20-year-old pregnant woman died of the swine flu on Thursday, health officials in Ohio said.

The woman's baby was delivered prior to her death at a Columbus hospital, and officials said the baby is doing well. No other details about the woman were released.

Ohio Health Department spokesman Kristopher Weiss said pregnant women who get any type of flu are at risk for serious complications.

A vaccine to protect against swine flu is expected to be available this fall.

Thursday's death is the third swine flu death in Ohio. Two others were reported in June : a man who died in Butler County and a woman who died in Cuyahoga County.

Through Aug. 27, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 556 swine flu deaths in the U.S. and 8,800 hospitalizations.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bloody News Section   

Back to top Go down

The Bloody News Section

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rules-Introductions & Announcements ::   :: Horror Connection-
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com